Initial Nutrition Consultation – Includes a review of your medical history and lifestyle, exercise/sports detail (if indicated), and analysis of your current food intake to assess your nutrition needs. A personalized plan-of-action that fits within your current lifestyle will be developed during this session. Your plan will be balanced, varied, accurate in calories and nutrients, and appropriate for your age, gender, any medical condition, and sport if appropriate.
- 1.5 hour assessment, evaluation, and goal setting.
- Review of 3-day comprehensive computerized nutrition analysis.
- Client will receive personalized CD with database of over 35,000 foods—including restaurant and brand names and ability to add own—to record daily food intake. -
- Since success is measured by much more than a number on the scale, body composition will be completed including measurements and bioelectrical impedance—BIA (body fat).
- For an additional fee, a 7-site skinfold caliper measurement (validity compared to hydrostatic/underwater weighing) can be completed in addition to the BIA.
_ Appointments may be scheduled in office or over the phone. Phone consultations will not include body composition analysis. Fee adjusted accordingly.
Follow-Up Appointments – Provides you with the tools and resources you need to continue moving in the right direction to achieve your personal goals. A minimum of four 45-minute follow-ups is recommended (primarily for weight loss clients). Fifteen minute follow-up sessions are also available and are ideal for checking in and remaining accountable once goals have been achieved.
An inspiring, dynamic, energetic speaker, Jennifer is available to speak on numerous nutrition topics. She can take the often confusing field of nutrition and narrow it down to bite-size pieces that the public can understand and enjoy! Browse the list of speaker topics for a subject that matches the interests of your audience. All presentations are customized. If you do not see a topic that pertains to what you're looking for, please contact Jennifer to customize a presentation unique to the needs of your group. Topics include, but not limited to:
• Nutrition to optimize sports • Dining out without damaging
performance your diet
• Hydration 101 • Weight loss/weight management
• Managing mindless eating • Portion distortion
• Heart healthy eating • Sodium savvy
• Women's health issues • Post-natal weight loss
• Navigating the grocery aisle • Managing the midlife/midsection "crisis"
• Stress management and nutrition • Nutrition 1-2-3 and advanced nutrition
Jennifer provides consultation to restaurants and corporations for recipe analysis and product development. Jennifer’s background and experience, attention to detail, professionalism, and enthusiasm will ensure that your project will be executed and completed to perfection.
As a freelance writer, Jennifer specializes in the topics of nutrition, food, fitness, and health. Here are some examples of her writing. More can be found on the Media Page.
Sodium Savvy – article in Cooper Health Magazine. Summer 2008. Page 12.
Debunking Food Myths – Wellness Insider – Cooper Aerobics Center online e-newsletter:
Frequently called upon as a nutrition expert for TV, print, radio, and websites, Jennifer translates complicated nutrition-science information into easy-to-understand language. If you are a journalist, producer, or writer looking for an objective nutrition professional to enhance your story, contact Jennifer! Or if you are a PR agency or manufacturer and want to lend credibility to your product with Jennifer's exceptional credentials and expertise, contact her today!
Registered and Licensed Dietitian Jennifer Neily, MS, RDN, CSSD, LD ~ 214.395.3114